Monday, May 17, 2010

Project Rotten Ranger Rebuild

So... I was given a 1992 Ford Ranger. Not exactly something I would have bought for myself, but, since it was given to me I'll happily take it. It needs work. A lot of work. Actually, a lot doesn't even quite cover it. Most of the truck needs to be rebuilt. Working on it is like playing a video game; Just when I think I've got it beat, I find 3 more things I need to do before I can go any further. I've spent the last 3 weekends at my parents place (where the Rotten Ranger currently sits) and have been documenting the project. I've been uploading the videos to youtube every Tuesday. You can find that here, if you care to give it a look. http://www.youtube.com/user/Neathway

3 comments:

Grant said...

I had a 1992 Ford Ranger (with the 3.x liter V6) I bought brand new. It ran great until I sent in my final payment, and then the finance office computers sent out the signal for it to begin having major malfunctions. It broke down every single month after that, and with school and all I didn't have time or money to buy a new car, so I kept getting it repaired. When I finally traded it in 14 months later, I discovered I had been paying 872 dollars a month on average in repairs. But I'm sure yours will be fine.

Lady Tragic said...

You're doing fab so far, you've got it planned, you know what it's gonna cost, and fuck: it's better than a skateboard...

Neath said...

Grant: Mine has the 2.3 liter 4 cylinder (Mazda engine) and Grampy was faanatical about regular oil changes and what not. Plus my roomy works at a jonkyard so I can get some parts real cheap and I do my own work so.......

Tragic: Exactly.