Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh fer.....

   So, it's been a while. Haven't had much to really bitch about in a while. The Mayors' office is still half-wit central. The provincial government is still over run with retards and dipshits. On the federal level, Stephen Harper is still an asshat. We're still wasteing time, money and lives sending soldiers to die in the middle east. It's all the same stuff I went on about 4 years ago, 3 years ago, 2 years ago, even last year. I just got tired of it all and shut my face about it. Until today......
    I heard about it last night, but, it never really sunk in. Then I read this and this. It seems that some "genius" in Ottowa wants to change the National Anthem. It appears they want to change the line "In all thy sons command" to "Thou dost in us command". Why? What the hell for? The current set of lyrics are 102 years old and this version has been our official national anthem for 30 years. On top of that; What the hell does "Thou dost in us command" even mean? Is it a religious reference? Is it saying we'll do whatever our country asks? I can't tell. It sounds like the same archiac gibberish language that Shakespear wrote in and I didn't understand his garbage either.
   I'd be willing to bet this was  started by some special interest group (aka: People with too much free fuckin' time). These groups can never just leave well enough alone and they always find the most foolish causes to chase. Wanna bet it was some new age womens lib group saw the word "sons" and had a piss fit because it's not "gender neutral"?
   What's really sad about all this is this: I wouldn't be surprised if Captain Asshat (Harper) and his Nazis Conservatives will bend over backwards and give this group what they want. The same way the federal government bent over when the treasonous Bloq Quebecois demanded that the anthem be sung in both English and French at stadium events. Regardless of where in the country said event takes place. So now, at these events, the anthem gets sung twice, in two different languages. It's rediculous.
    I was taught the English version in the first grade. I have not, nor will I ever, learn the French version. Nor will I ever learn, sing, or endorse, the next version if this stupid change goes through. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current English version of our national anthem. Nothing. Leave it the hell alone.



O Canada official lyrics:

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise, The True North strong and free!
From far and wide, O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee

See? Not a damned thing wrong with it.

1 comment:

Grant said...

I say they should change it to "Kill your dog for Satan." I'm assuming the new anthem will be going with a heavy metal track.